Procedure of registration and selection of trainees/students
1. Candidates/students submit an application for each programme through the website of the K.E.DI.BI.M. of the AUTH. The submission of the application requires the full acceptance of the conditions stated in the Programme Guide and in the Study Regulation of the K.E.DI.BI.M. of the AUTH.
2. For the participation of trainees/students in the programmes of K.E.DI.BI.M. internet access is required for submitting the application and/or monitoring the programmes and downloading the educational material, as well as having a personal e-mail address for communication with the teachers and the Administrative Support Department of K.E.DI.BI .M. . In the Study Guide of each programme, the conditions for the participation of trainees/students in each programme are specified.
3. After the end of the submission of applications, with responsibility of the AY, the communication/notification of approval or documented rejection of the requests to attend the training programmes is implemented, within a reasonable period of time, as well as their notification regarding any modification of the start/end date of the programme. Before the start of the programme, those selected must settle their financial obligations in accordance with the provisions of each programme. Then, the AY’s inform them of the detailed timetable and they are given access to the tele-education platforms and the educational material, which is valid for the time period throughout which the program they are attending is offered.
4. In case a satisfactory number of participants is not reached, the programme is either not implemented, or transferred to another cycle. In any case, the fees paid are returned to the beneficiaries or remain in the ELKE account for the next programme implementation cycle, with the consent of the latter.
1. The amount of tuition fees is determined by the EY of each program and approved by the Council of K.E.DI.BI.M. . The method of payment of fees for each programme (once or in equal instalments) is mentioned in the Study Guide of the programme and the related information that is posted on the website of the K.E.DI.BI.M. of the AUTH.
2. The Council of K.E.DI.ΒI.M. may, upon a substantiated request of the EY, offer discounts in the programmes on the tuition fees to special categories of learners, such as undergraduate or postgraduate students and doctoral candidates of the AUTH, as well as to sensitive and vulnerable social groups, people with disabilities or chronic illnesses, unemployed people, those belonging to families with many children, those belonging to families with three children, single-parent families, etc. .
Register of Trainees
The K.E.DI.BI.M. of the AUTH maintains a Register of Trainees/Students, in which every trainee enrolled in the programmes of K.E.DI.BI.M. is registered. The programmes in which they participate and successfully complete, as well as any other necessary detail related to the attendance in the Centre’s programmes are registered with the register of trainees. The Management of the personal data of trainees is implemented according to the specifications of the Data Protection Policy of the AUTH and in compliance with the General Protection Regulation of Personal Data (EU) 2016/679.
Rights and Obligations of Trainees
A. Obligations of Trainees:
1. Participation in the programmes of the K.E.DI.BI.M. of the AUTH implies full acceptance of the programme’s Study Guide and the Internal Regulation of Operation of the K.E.DI.VI.M. of the AUTH.
2. The presence/attendance of trainees in the educational programmes is mandatory. In the programmes which are realized in physical presence, as in those implemented using the modern method of tele-education, the study is generally mandatory and the limit of absences cannot exceed 10% of the prescribed training hours. The monitoring of asynchronous education is implemented according to the study schedule set by each programme.
B. Rights of Trainees:
1. Trainees are informed by the Department of Administrative Support of K.E.DI.BI.M. for all kinds of information related to the operation of the Centre.
2. Trainees are supported electronically through the educational platform by the trainers, as part of the educational process, to resolve questions and provide clarifications related to the thematic units of the programme.
3. Trainees have the right to apply for the interruption/termination of their programme attendance and a refund of their tuition fees, in accordance with the provisions of par. 12.9 hereof.
4. Students’/Trainees’ work is protected under the Copyright Regulations/Provisions.
Programme Study Guide
1. For each educational programme implemented by the Centre, the AY prepares a Study Guide for the programme in a standard form of K.E.DI.BI.M., posted on its website. The Study Guide details the aim, the necessity and the learning outcomes of the programme according to the National Qualifications Framework (EEP), the professional results, the categories of candidates accepted and the selection criteria, the method of programme implementation, the thematic and teaching units, the type of educational material provided, the obligations of the learners, the credits awarded, the duration of the programme in hours, the tuition fees and the discount policy provided.
2. The K.E.DI.BI.M. of the AUTH reserves the right to change the terms of participation, by a decision of the Council and to adjust the timetable of the courses, informing those already registered. The programmes are implemented as long as the necessary number of participants is gathered.
3. The lesson time is set at 45 minutes, while the break lasts for 15 minutes. The attendance log must be signed before and after the completion of each course. Attendance is also monitored for the duration of modern tele-education by the educator, based on presence/attendance and learner participation in e-learning platforms. Regarding asynchronous tele-education, the programme AY’s monitor the course of study of the relevant educational material, through the control mechanisms provided by the asynchronous tele-education platform of the AUTH (E-learning).
4. The Guide provides the procedures for monitoring and evaluating the progress of the trainees throughout the course of the programme, through exercises, quizzes and other tools. The certification of the knowledge and skills acquired by the trainees from the programme is evaluated by the final form of assessment that has been set (written exam, assignment, case studies, internship or other form of assessment).
5. To be granted a certificate, upon successful completion of the programme, the trainee should have his/her financial obligations arranged, have succeeded in the assessment provided by the Study Guide of each programme and ensure that the total of her/his absences does not exceed 10% of the total of the teaching hours. Otherwise, the provisions of per. 5 of paragraph 12.11 hereof shall apply.
Terms and conditions for strengthening the access of participants to the labour market
Utilizing studies and data that link training to the current needs of the labour market and taking into account the feasibility, necessity and sustainability of each proposal for the implementation of training programmes, as well as the targeting/scope of the learning and professional programmes of each proposal, the K.E.DI.BI .M. of the AUTH ensures that the graduates of its programmes cultivate new knowledge, acquire new skills and update already existing knowledge and skills that meet the demands of the labour market.
Evaluation of the programme by the trainees
Upon completion of the programme, the trainees participate in a programme evaluation process, according to the K.E.DI.BI.M. of the AUTH standard form, which is completed anonymously.
The K.E.DI.BI.M. of the AUTH reserves the right to use data from the evaluation of the programmes for academic and communication purposes.
Protection of personal data in the context of tele-education in educational programmes of the AUTH
1. The K.E.DI.BI.M. of the AUTH conducts distance teaching/tele-education during which all the necessary technical and organizational measures are taken to ensure the protection of personal data in accordance with European Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
2. In the context of actions for the protection of personal data, it is prohibited to videotape, record or in any way post the tele-education sessions on behalf of the participants in them on the network services of providers or on social media, where it is not certain that the European Data Protection Regulation is applied. Such processing/editing constitutes a violation of the personal data protection framework of the AUTH and entails the responsibility of the one who carries it out. Any questions about personal data protection issues can be sent to the email address email@example.com.
Discontinuation/Termination of Attendance/Tuition Refund Policy
The trainee may stop following/attending the programme and request to be fully unregistered by written request to the EY or the AY, which the trainee is obliged to communicate to the Administrative Support Department of the K.E.DI.BI.M. of the AUTH, stating the reasons for the termination/interruption. Access codes to the educational platform are disabled following the relevant request. In this case, he/she may request a tuition refund in the same request, which should be submitted within 30 calendar days from the start date of the programme. From the tuition fees that have already been paid, the amount corresponding to her/his attendance in the programme until then is withheld, based on the cost of the teaching units/modules attended.
1. The programmes are fully integrated into the system of ECTS units or microcredentials, the calculation of which is stated clearly and in detail for each programme, regardless of the method of its implementation.
2. The attribution of the type of credits is approved by the council of K.E.DI.BI.M., after a proposal of the EY of the programme, taking into account the national and international framework for lifelong learning and the national framework governing Higher education.
1. The types of certificates granted by the Centre are determined by a decision of the Council.
2. A certificate is awarded when the participants have successfully completed the attendance of the programme. Completion is considered successful when the percentage of absences does not exceed 10% of the prescribed training hours, the participants have succeeded in the final assessment provided for by the programme, according to its Study Regulation and the participants have paid off the total of their tuition fees.
3. The Certificates state the full name and father’s name of the participant, the title of the programme, the total duration of the teaching hours of the programme, the period of its implementation and the provider/providing body of the certificate. Certificates bear a unique authenticity code and are awarded in paper or digital form.
4. It is also possible to issue a Certificate Supplement, in which the thematic units of each programme and the grade awarded to the successful candidate are detailed (if provided for by the programme’s Study Guide).
5. Participants in programmes for which no form of evaluation of the trainees is provided, or in the event that the participants have not succeeded in the final evaluation provided for by the program, a Certificate of Attendance is granted.
6. Certificates are divided into:
A) Certificate of Training
B) Certificate of Specialized Training
A) Certificate of Training isawarded to successful candidates in programmes of which the content of studies is included in General Adult Education – which is defined based on Law 3879/2010 and ‘‘includes all organized learning activities (formal and non-formal) aimed at adults and seeking to enrich their knowledge, develop their abilities and skills, develop their personality and become active citizens’’. The Certificate of General Training is determined by the EY through the audience description to which the programme is addressed.
B) Certificate of Specialized Training is awarded: a) To those successful in programmes addressed to graduates of A.E.I. schools, with an aim at completing, renewing and updating the knowledge of their initial training, namely their specialization in a specific field, [b) to successful candidates in developing programmes in two study cycles (A cycle: introduction to one scientific field, B cycle: specialized knowledge in the same scientific field, provided that they have completed the first cycle of studies), c) to those successful in programmes for which the K.E.DI.BI.M. of the AUTH has secured cooperation with an official national, European or international organization for a specific scientific field.]
7. Attestations and Training Certificates signed by the President of the K.E.DI.BI.M. of the AUTH, after certification by the EY and the AY for the successful completion of each program and may be issued in Greek and English. Certificates and attestations bear, in a prominent position, the logo of the AUTH and the K.E.DI.BI.M. . In cases of cooperation with national or international bodies or programme funding, certificates and attestations may bear insignia and the logo of each cooperating body. The certificates may bear the logo of the Laboratory/Workshop of a Department of the AUTH, in case the programme is implemented in collaboration with the Laboratory/Workshop.
8. The awarding of certificates and attestations to the beneficiaries is made by the AΥ and are issued once. In case the trainees request the reissuance of the certificate at a later time, they will have to pay the amount of 30 euros, as a fee for its reissue.
9. The Council of the Centre is responsible for the policy applied regarding the cases for which there is the possibility, by competent national or international bodies, of certification of qualifications for those who have successfully completed specific educational programmes.
Any application to a certification body/organization is submitted through the Centre and after the approval of the relevant application of the EY’s by the Council of the Centre.
The council determines the general discount policy of K.E.DI.BI.M. , the application of which is binding for the EY’s of the programmes. The terms of the discount policy are announced on the website of the K.EDI.BI.M. of the AUTH and in the Study Guide of each program.