The educational programs of the Center for Education and Lifelong Learning of AUTh are carried out in a variety of methods: a) on site b) online learning (synchronous and asynchronous teaching) c) hybrid format of teaching.
The technological support of all the educational programs and the online learning procedures (synchronous and asynchronous teaching) is provided by and with the help of the Information Technology Center of AUTh.
The Information Technology Center is responsible for the Information Technology infrastructure of the Aristotle University. Its staff has the expertise and know-how regarding the use of modern technologies in online learning.
Specifically, they can assist in:
- Creating and hosting a virtual class in the e-learning service of AUTh (https://elearning.auth.gr)
- Providing modern online learning tools, such as BigBlueButton, Zoom, MS Teams, Google Meet, etc., for real-time interaction among participants (https://it.auth.gr/el/academicSupport/diglearn)
- Creating and hosting the website of each educational program (http://hosted.auth.gr/)
- Technological support for multimedia materials (podcasts – videocasts) in sync with the lecturer’s presentation of each course.
- Videorecording of the courses (https://it.auth.gr/el/voicevideoterms)
- Hosting and connecting the support software of the Center for Education and Lifelong Learning with the digital infrastructures of AUTh.
For issues regarding the aforementioned services, those interested can contact the Information Technology Center of AUTh at http://it.auth.gr/el/contact.
Support of the e-learning service is also provided to a point by the AUTh Library and Information Centre.
On 5/7/2017 the steering committee of AUTh’s Information Technology Center approved a policy text that regulates the provision of video and audio services. You can find it here.